A lot of laptops today are designed to be light and thin, with only a few interfaces for everyday mobile work.
However, once you need to connect a projector, cable, or other USB peripherals, your laptop interface will run out of juice.
It was in such an environment that a tool called the docking station was born to solve the problem of a few interfaces on a laptop.
As for what a docking station is, the basic idea is to be able to extend the capabilities of a laptop.
Peripheral equipment is a combination of ports and slots that can be connected to a variety of devices, making up for the lack of a laptop interface.
Top 5 Laptop Docking Stations
- 2 x USB 2.0 to 4 pin USB Type A, 1 x headphone input and output 3.5 millimeter
- INDUSTRY LEADING TECHNOLOGY: Hiearcool intelligent USB C HUB has perfectly combined the function of USB c hub and docking station, Compare to the cumbersome docking station with no interface and dual display traditional USB C Hub. Our USB C hub incorporates a triple display, lightweight,portable and powerful with multi-ports to achieve multi-display (Mirror Mode/Extend Mode/Video Wall Mode)refine you a new concept of USB C HUB.
- Boost your PC’s power on the world’s most powerful and first modular dock with a future-ready design. WD19S 130W is a simplified version of WD19 130W without 3.5mm ports.
- 【Advance chip】USB C Docking Station Expand your work opportunities(support 3 different monitors) and provide you more stable performance. No need any drivers or software, just plug and play.Support Extend Mode Or Mirror Mode, HDMI 3840*2160@30hz, VGA 1920*1080@60Hz. An ideal Gadget for Video Editor, Photography, Programmer. Support both SST and MST mode. Please note that if you use it on Apple Mac OS system, it only support mirror mode without triple display
- USB Ports: 3x USB 3.1 gen2 (10Gbps, 1x always-on USB charging); 2x USB2.0; 1x USB-C port (Data,5V 3A power).
Last update on 2021-09-14 at 06:21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
How to choose the right docking stations
1. Multiple functions, more comprehensive
With the MacBook Pro’s popularity, the TYPE-C multipurpose dock is also in demand. At present, there are seven-port, nine-port, and other interface numbers of the expansion dock.
These ports cover charging, audio, USB, HDMI, SD card, ports, and other functions, and multi-port can be used at the same time without affecting each other.
Nine mouths basic already can meet the daily office needs. A FEW INTERFACES FOR EVERYDAY OFFICE USE:
The main function of the TYPE-C port is to power the computer, but it is important to note that not all Type-c ports support fast PD charging.
Therefore, when choosing dock, remember to check whether the charging port supports fast charging protocol; HDMI, Vga Port can be connected to a large screen for conference use, but with the corresponding HDMI or VGA cable, to achieve screen projection;
The net line mouth does not say, mainly is provides the safeguard for the stable network; the SD / Tf Card interface can solve the Macbook, the ultrabasic does not have the card slot read card question;
USB3.0 interface mainly to achieve U Disk and mobile hard disk data transfer between the need, of course, can also be connected to the mouse, keyboard.
Therefore, when you choose to buy more mouth, fully functional docking stations because a docking station can meet the complex office needs.
2. Choose faster USB 3.0
Snail-like transfer speeds can be annoying, especially with the dock’s many features, so be sure to look at the card reader interface when purchasing your product.
USB3.0 is superior to USB2.0 in card reading speed. When selecting the docking station, the USB3.0 interface is preferred.
From the outside, the plastic in the middle of the USB3.0 interface is blue, while the USB2.0 interface is black or white.
Also, in theory, USB2.0 has a transmission rate of 480 Mbps, or 60 MB / S, while USB3.0 has a transmission rate of 5.0 Gbps, or 625 MB / S, so USB3.0 is faster than 2.0.
3. Choose the right interface
It is also important to note that some charging interface is to support fast charging protocol, some universal charge.
So consider your needs when you buy a Macbook, which typically runs on a 100-watt charge and takes only 1-1.5 hours to recharge.
Besides, HDMI extensions generally support extended 4K signal output. Some VGA interfaces only support 1080P high-definition video output expansion.
4. Good looks aren’t hot
At present, on the market with more is the aluminum alloy + ABS material, as well as the entire aluminum alloy material made of the fuselage.
One of the aluminum alloy material more wear-resistant, better texture, and more easily to the internal heat transfer to the product surface, speed up heat dissipation.
Besides, if each function of the docking station had its chip, it would still be able to maintain a steady and smooth transfer rate while multiple functions were running simultaneously.
5. Small, portable, take it anywhere
The small, lightweight and space-saving dock is more suitable for business, but also easy to carry, so do not hesitate to dish it, yes!
The best docking stations not only allow easy access to laptops and other peripheral equipment but also offer a variety of interfaces for users to use, making the office more convenient and comfortable.
But how to choose, in addition to their own needs, but also look at their budget.
With the advantages of lightweight and easy to carry, the multi-function dock has solved many problems of notebook expansion and won the hearts of many consumers.
In the future, it is believed that the number of peripherals derived from the Type-C interface will also increase.