Manual razor came out to the market first and there are still many people who are using it.
Electric shavers came out in the modern years, they can give men and women a smooth shave, and last for years, unlike disposable razors.
But what are the difference between electric shaver and razor,and which one is work better?
To give you a simple outlook on the differences between the two, here are the advantages and disadvantages of each. Hope it helps.
- It’s cheap and is available anywhere in the market. It’s considered as the cheapest tool for hair removal.
- It cuts really close to the skin and gets rid of unwanted hairs in a few minutes.
- It is very easy to use and only needs a lesser time and cash for the maintenance.
- Most of the Razor are disposable.
- If it’s not disposable, it’s so easy to find a replacement for the blades. It’s always available in the grocery, drugstores or beauty bars.
- It’s very easy to clean, since it only needs running water to get rid of the stuck hairs.
- The blades have to be replaced more often.
- It usually cuts the skin easily.
- It can cause ingrown hairs and skin irritations.
- It needs shaver gels or creams to use.
- If there’s one thing electric shavers are good at, it’s at saving so much time. It rolls in the skin and even on the delicate contours of the face without missing any small hairs. It saves time because it pulls the hair up on its own and we don’t have to go back and forth in a certain area.
- It’s portable, especially the cordless ones that can be recharged anywhere. The corded ones are also convenient to bring along anytime, since you can plug it in any electrical socket at any time too.
- It doesn’t need any gels, creams or solutions. It works its way without any mess in the face.
- There are a lot of varieties per brand that are being offered in the market. There is a wide array of selection that you can choose from.
- It shaves accurately in any types of hair like beards, facial hair, and mustaches.
- It seldom causes ingrown hairs and is known to be safe from cutting the skin while shaving.
- Most electric shavers are offered with different special features, which are not found on Razor.
- It shaves really good, but not as close as a Razor does.
- Some electric shavers are not waterproof and can’t be used while in the shower. But, you can always buy from the hundreds of waterproof electric shavers on the market.
- It needs time to provide it with a proper maintenance.
A good electric shaver can get as close as a razor and produce a great shave.
Also, considering the price of blades now your electric shaver could pay for itself quite quickly.
Your skin kind is an important aspect to think about when you have to buy an electric shaver. Electric shavers which have diverse intensity adjustments operate very best for different types of skin.
They do not remove layers of skin, eliminating razor burn, rashes, and cuts. Those with sensitive skin especially benefit from electric shavers. The compact size of electric razors makes them easy to carry and store.
Manual razors remain the gold standard for a close, clean shave; but electric shavers continue to close in on the competition, letting you shave anywhere, anytime without having to fuss with water or shaving cream.
The variety of electric models — foil, rotary, wet/dry and even tiny travel shavers — means there’s something out there for every face.
First,Things to Consider
Ask yourself the very reason why you’re buying a shaver? You need to relate it to the kind of everyday lifestyle you have. You need to check if you’re buying one based on the shaving results, the time that you have, the budget that you can spend or just pure convenience. Evaluate your own needs first and determine the type of shaver you will purchase.
- Safety Measures
Whether you’re using an electric or a Razor, you can always cut your skin anytime. It could happen most of the time if you’re not careful. Manual shavers are closer to cutting the skin because the blades are placed directly to the skin. Electric shavers can cut your skin too, but it’s not prone to infections and the blades are behind the screens.
- Features of the Shaver
A Razor cuts really close to the skin and some have disposable heads. But, there are also shavers that have replaceable heads. Electric shavers have replaceable heads too and are chargeable. Things like these have to be considered to come up with a decision.
What’s the Better Option, Razor Or Electric Shaver?
A razor blade provides a much more close and precise shave than most shavers can. But with razor blades there’s a huge risk of getting cuts and nicks after acquiring that close shave.
Furthermore according to your type of skin or how your hair grows, you may also get bumps or skin irritation when your hair tries expanding back.
Around the other hand almost all shavers don’t shave exceptionally close with every stroke.
You need to shave a couple of occasions on the same spot before all the hair is shaved. This really is the primary trigger for skin irritation.
Electric razors provide a great deal of advantages more than razors,
- They are simple to use
- Demands no water or shaving gel
- They are easy to clean
- You are able to determine on just how much hair to reduce off or leave behind
- You save a good deal of cash in the long term, in comparison with disposables.
Foil shavers with 3 cutting blades are better than electric razors with a single blade, as they shave better and quicker. Rotary electrics with 3 or 4 cutters are superior to 1 with single cutters.
In case you have sensitive skin obtaining an electric shaver that you can adjust the intensity level will assist you a great deal.
For all those who travel an excellent deal it is advisable to acquire a cordless shavers that can last to get a lengthy when completely charged (40 minutes at least).Some of the top rated electric razors have an automatic voltage adjustment feature, which allows you to charge your shaver in all countries about the globe.
The shaver and the epilator are both hair removal tools of this modern world. Shavers are mostly used by men while epilators are commonly used by women. Other than that, these are two different products that work in totally different ways.
For us men and women, the hairs on unwanted areas is a big deal. Remember how an epilator or shaver can get rid of the hairs on our arms, face, legs and even on private areas. Removing excess hair has already been a part of some people’s hygiene routine.
The shaver is the one more popular as compared to the epilator. The shavers are also commonly associated with men. Men use either a Razor or an electric one that is normally plugged into an electric socket or is battery operated. However, women are also free to use the shavers, since it doesn’t require any gender to use it as a tool in removing hair.
The epilator on the other hand is often, if not always used by women only. Women are keener into attaining a smooth and flawless skin that’s why epilators are better than shavers for women.
Difference in How It Works
Shavers cut the hair in an instant. It normally has two, three or four blades if it’s a Razor. If it’s an electric shaver, then it has several blades inside that are used to continuously cut the hairs as it surfaces the skin. Basically, a shaver cuts the hair and trims it.
The epilators on the other hand are a lot more painful. It pulls the hair out straight from the roots. It has to operate against the direction of the hair growth to make sure that the hairs will be fully pulled out.
Types of Epilators and Shavers
Shavers have two types. There’s the manual shaver where you manually drive the tool in the direction it will take. It is less expensive and can be easily found in grocery stores and drug stores. Usually, these manual shavers are harder to clean, since the hairs stick into the blades.
At the same time, there is a need to use a shaving cream or a shaving gel before applying the shaver into the skin. This will help the razor in gliding smoothly and avoid cuts on the skin. Creams are also best in moisturizing the skin after shaving and prevent the hairs from growing back fast.
The electric shavers on the other hand, have to be used with the skin dry. It will operate on its own and won’t need any moisture to operate.
The epilators only have one kind but only vary in its power source and its design. The epilators nowadays, already come in different colors, styles and sizes. There are also battery operated ones that are chargeable and some still use the traditional ones that have an electric wire connected at its bottom.
There is also no need to use any creams prior to using the device, since the skin has to be completely dry when using it.
Difference in Comfort
As compared to the epilators, the non-electric or electric shavers are more comfortable to use. You won’t suffer any pain from plucking the hair out from the roots, since the shavers just simply cut the hairs and the roots are left beneath the skin.
Meanwhile, the epilators promise a certain discomfort level, since its goal is to take the hairs out straight from the roots. Your skin will normally get redder as you continue to epilate the entire area of your skin. However, the pain becomes tolerable as you get used to it and the redness will disappear in a few hours.
Difference in Results
The epilators might be painful, but can assure you of better results. Since epilators pull the hairs right from the roots, it takes really longer for the unwanted hairs to grow back. It has also been proven that regular use of the device will eventually stop the hairs from growing back. It gives a smoother result for your skin.
Shavers normally makes the hairs grow back after a day or two. The shavers simply trim the hairs and doesn’t get rid of it entirely. If you’re the type who doesn’t have extra time, then shavers might not just be a good tool for you.
With a wide variety of hair removal methods offered by your discretion in the splendor picture, females frequently need to know what’re positives and negatives and the primary variations between shaving and epilating.
And while laser hair treatment therapy does not seem unattractive, not most people are ready for the pricey and frustrating responsibility. In this hair treatment information, we compare shaving and epilating and summarize our results from our comprehensive investigation/example.
Ideal for: the lady searching for a solution to fuzz- skin. This painfree hair removal strategy is spoiled in with a razor or almost any bladed device!
1. Fast, simple and pain free
2. Shaving at once removes any skin.
3. Effectively can help you get rid of ingrowths at once.
4. It leaves you in a jiffy with gleaming clean and pretty legs!
5. One of hair treatment of the inexpensive and most economical methods.
1. You hair grows in less than weekly. Say hello to stubbles!
2. Causes cuts and lacerations that could leave horrible scars to you.
3. The skin will soon be vulnerable to bumps, inflammation and irritations.
4. More coarse and larger hair wills grow back.
5. Following the original vacation period your skin will experience difficult and abrasive.
Ideal for: The nerdy chick looking for an easy and chic route to hair- area! It operates such as a humongous electronic tweezer that grasps successfully and multiple hair string atone proceed move them out.
1. Much like waxing an epilator drags out your own hair in the beginnings, that means your own hair won’t develop back for at the least 4-6 months!
2. Unlike waxing which demands which you visit a salon, an epilator can be utilized all on your own moment and at your own pace.
3. Unlike a razor you can rest assured that you simply won’t get an reductions or lacerations.
4. It’s a-one time cost that brings years of gains.
5. It’s hassle free and oh – convenient!
1. Epilating isn’t particularly painfree, specifically over a thick area of hair.
2. Until you are relatively of a pro at it unlike shaving, epilation is just a time intensive procedure.
3. Your epilator might demand alternatives every so often. In addition you should think about the chance of the epilator wearing down.
4. If it’s well-charged your epilator is going to purpose. That means you’ve to continuously be sure you plug it in case of an LBD crisis.
5. Your skin can be dried out by it quicker than perhaps shaving!
Some claim epilators are not bad. Some also declare Waxing is hardly bad! God knows which to choose?
That epilation creates softer, longer- much more appealing, and sustained results. Epilators function best about top lip, hands, the thighs, sideburns. Epilation is not painless and creates significantly less than appealing outcomes originally, however it progressively gets with normal use.
Shaving might be simpler however it could be unpractical every single day to do and lacking each day leads to ugly stubble and that unwanted prickly sensation search. Additionally, shaving might lead to reductions and lacerations, which could damage the appearance that girls wish. Should you choose longer and softer – results, epilation can be a hair treatment remedy worth taking into consideration.
Worth noting that epilating is just a much more cost effective remedy set alongside the whole cost related to shaving. In a small percentage of the price of shaving, an epilator produces more appealing outcomes contemplating these details.
Overall, both of the shaver and epilator bring good effects and it’s already up to you on which you would prefer to use. You have to be mindful that each has different ways of usage and you have to follow certain directions in order to get the best results.
The Razoris cheaper and can be found anywhere. It’s the first hair removal method ever invented and it really cuts close to the skin giving a cleaner shaver. But, it tends to develop ingrown hairs and cuts to the skin.
The electric shaver on the other hand is portable, saves time and does the job for the user. It has different varieties and have so many features in each of the brand models. However, it’s usually high in maintenance. The blades are a lot more expensive and the batteries have to be replaced regularly.
Some would prefer the razor which does the closest shaves. But, most of us would rather go for electric shavers that are convenient in saving time and are hassle-free to use. However, it will always depend on your perception. But, it will always be better to have both to be used in different situations and occasions.