We love electric shavers aka electric razors, but we can’t deny the fact that we’ve also enjoyed the service of the manual shavers aka manual razors a few years ago.
Manual shavers came out to the market first and there are still many people who are using it. There are also many variations in the new models of manual shavers today.
Electric shavers came out in the modern years. Some people love it and some people don’t. We have different opinions about it because it depends on our purpose and budget in buying a shaver.
Disposable razors are expensive and sometimes uncomfortable when used on the delicate skin of the face, underarms, and legs.
Electric shavers, on the other hand, give men and women a smooth shave, and last for years, unlike disposable razors. A good electric shaver can get as close as a razor and produce a great shave and I find them so much more convenient.
Also, considering the price of blades now your electric shaver could pay for itself quite quickly.
Your skin kind is an important aspect to think about when you have to buy an electric shaver. Electric shavers which have diverse intensity adjustments operate very best for different types of skin.
They do not remove layers of skin, eliminating razor burn, rashes, and cuts. Those with sensitive skin especially benefit from electric shavers. The compact size of electric razors makes them easy to carry and store.
Manual razors remain the gold standard for a close, clean shave; but electric shavers continue to close in on the competition, letting you shave anywhere, anytime without having to fuss with water or shaving cream.
The variety of electric models — foil, rotary, wet/dry and even tiny travel shavers — means there’s something out there for every face.
Things to Consider
Ask yourself the very reason why you’re buying a shaver? You need to relate it to the kind of everyday lifestyle you have. You need to check if you’re buying one based on the shaving results, the time that you have, the budget that you can spend or just pure convenience. Evaluate your own needs first and determine the type of shaver you will purchase.
- Safety Measures
Whether you’re using an electric or a manual shaver, you can always cut your skin anytime. It could happen most of the time if you’re not careful. Manual shavers are closer to cutting the skin because the blades are placed directly to the skin. Electric shavers can cut your skin too, but it’s not prone to infections and the blades are behind the screens.
- Features of the Shaver
A manual shaver cuts really close to the skin and some have disposable heads. But, there are also shavers that have replaceable heads. Electric shavers have replaceable heads too and are chargeable. Things like these have to be considered to come up with a decision.
To give you a simple outlook on the differences between the two, here are the advantages and disadvantages of each. Hope it helps.
- It’s cheap and is available anywhere in the market. It’s considered as the cheapest tool for hair removal.
- It cuts really close to the skin and gets rid of unwanted hairs in a few minutes.
- It is very easy to use and only needs a lesser time and cash for the maintenance.
- Most of the manual shavers are disposable.
- If it’s not disposable, it’s so easy to find a replacement for the blades. It’s always available in the grocery, drugstores or beauty bars.
- It’s very easy to clean, since it only needs running water to get rid of the stuck hairs.
- The blades have to be replaced more often.
- It usually cuts the skin easily.
- It can cause ingrown hairs and skin irritations.
- It needs shaver gels or creams to use.
- If there’s one thing electric shavers are good at, it’s at saving so much time. It rolls in the skin and even on the delicate contours of the face without missing any small hairs. It saves time because it pulls the hair up on its own and we don’t have to go back and forth in a certain area.
- It’s portable, especially the cordless ones that can be recharged anywhere. The corded ones are also convenient to bring along anytime, since you can plug it in any electrical socket at any time too.
- It doesn’t need any gels, creams or solutions. It works its way without any mess in the face.
- There are a lot of varieties per brand that are being offered in the market. There is a wide array of selection that you can choose from.
- It shaves accurately in any types of hair like beards, facial hair, and mustaches.
- It seldom causes ingrown hairs and is known to be safe from cutting the skin while shaving.
- Most electric shavers are offered with different special features, which are not found on manual shavers.
- It shaves really good, but not as close as a manual shaver does.
- Some electric shavers are not waterproof and can’t be used while in the shower. But, you can always buy from the hundreds of waterproof electric shavers on the market.
- It needs time to provide it with a proper maintenance.
What’s the Better Option, Razor Or Electric Shaver?
A razor blade provides a much more close and precise shave than most shavers can. But with razor blades there’s a huge risk of getting cuts and nicks after acquiring that close shave.
Furthermore according to your type of skin or how your hair grows, you may also get bumps or skin irritation when your hair tries expanding back.
Around the other hand almost all shavers don’t shave exceptionally close with every stroke.
You need to shave a couple of occasions on the same spot before all the hair is shaved. This really is the primary trigger for skin irritation.
Electric razors provide a great deal of advantages more than razors,
- They are simple to use
- Demands no water or shaving gel
- They are easy to clean
- You are able to determine on just how much hair to reduce off or leave behind
- You save a good deal of cash in the long term, in comparison with disposables.
Foil shavers with 3 cutting blades are better than electric razors with a single blade, as they shave better and quicker. Rotary electrics with 3 or 4 cutters are superior to 1 with single cutters.
In case you have sensitive skin obtaining an electric shaver that you can adjust the intensity level will assist you a great deal.
For all those who travel an excellent deal it is advisable to acquire a cordless shavers that can last to get a lengthy when completely charged (40 minutes at least).Some of the top rated electric razors have an automatic voltage adjustment feature, which allows you to charge your shaver in all countries about the globe.
The manual shaver is cheaper and can be found anywhere. It’s the first hair removal method ever invented and it really cuts close to the skin giving a cleaner shaver. But, it tends to develop ingrown hairs and cuts to the skin.
The electric shaver on the other hand is portable, saves time and does the job for the user. It has different varieties and have so many features in each of the brand models. However, it’s usually high in maintenance. The blades are a lot more expensive and the batteries have to be replaced regularly.
Some would prefer the razor which does the closest shaves. But, most of us would rather go for electric shavers that are convenient in saving time and are hassle-free to use. However, it will always depend on your perception. But, it will always be better to have both to be used in different situations and occasions.